There are many Chiropractors in the North London area but before choosing whether to contact a chiropractor, we hope the following information about chiropractic is useful to you.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a type of non-invasive healthcare enjoyed by millions of people around the world. Backed by research, Chiropractic is a primary health-care profession that is government regulated (as with medical practitioners and dentists).
The fact that chiropractic care is a natural intervention, that does not use drugs or surgery, lends itself to being one of the safest interventions for back pain and we enjoy one of the highest levels of patient satisfaction in health care!
Chiropractic places its emphasis on the examination, diagnosis and management of problems and/or conditions that can affect the nerves, muscles or joints of the body. Chiropractic originated over 100 years ago and is now currently the largest natural primary health care profession in the world.
Keep up the good work!
Both of my children were treated at Hampstead Chiropractic Clinic when they were babies. I was recommended by a friend, and was thoroughly pleased with the care and attention given and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the clinic or chiropractic treatment for any other mothers. Keep up the good work!
Your Nervous System influences your whole health and well-being
The spinal cord and spinal nerves that form the core of the nervous system are housed within a bony column – the spinal column. Each segment of the spinal column is designed to move freely. When the joints between each vertebrae lose their normal range of motion (often due to simple day-to-day lifestyle and postural activities), they can irritate the delicate nerves that exit from the spinal cord. This disrupts the function of the tissues or organs these nerves control and may affect the body’s natural ability to recover from injury, decrease resistance to disease and lower your performance level.
Chiropractic therefore treats the cause of the pain not just the symptoms
Chiropractic treatment involves safe, often gentle specific manipulations by hand (called adjustments), to free joints that are not moving properly. The adjustment often results in an audible ‘click’ – this is simply caused by bubbles of gas in the joint popping due to the pressure change when the joint is distracted quickly. The sound does not occur as a result of bones cracking.
Chiropractic is the science of locating these areas of spinal dysfunction and the art of correcting them to enhance the body’s innate healing mechanism. Once the condition is stable and you are able to return to your normal activities, regular check ups with your chiropractor will reduce the risk of recurrence and improve your general well being.
Chiropractic care does not have to hurt to be effective. Treatment consists of a wide range of manipulation techniques (some very gentle) designed to improve the function of the joints, relieving pain and muscle spasm.
Our Chiropractors use a variety of techniques including:
- Sacro-Occipital Technique
- Dry Needling
You have your own unique health pattern
Before embarking on a treatment programme, we take into consideration your health status.
For example, we consider your home and work environment, ergonomics, nutrition, sporting activities, hobbies and stress to determine what impact they are having on your health.
If your practitioner determines your health concerns cannot be addressed completely within the clinic, we have an excellent referral system to X-ray or MRI scan facilities, medical specialists, dentists, nutritionists and rehabilitation
What conditions can Chiropractic help?
Although chiropractors are best known for treating back and neck pain, which they do very well, patients also consult chiropractors regarding a range of other related conditions….
- Chiropractic can help conditions throughout the musculoskeletal system.
- Chiropractic care may help certain types of headache, in particular tension headaches or headaches caused by certain neck myofascial dysfunction (Cervicogenic headaches). Migraine symptoms are often alleviated by chiropractic.
- Chiropractic has been shown to be effective for Cervicogenic dizziness (dizziness caused by myofascial disorders of the neck).
- Chiropractic has in many cases shown to be beneficial for acute, subacute and chronic neck pain. General postural pain (neck and back) and ‘tension’ accounts for a lot of our presenting complaints. Many of our patients sit as computer desks throughout the day!
- Chiropractic has been shown to be clinically effective for acute, subacute and chronic low back pain. Similarly, chiropractic care may alleviate symptoms caused by sacro-iliac conditions, piriformis Syndrome, groin strain and arthritic pain of the hip.
- Shoulder problems may be helped with chiropractic care, such as arthritic pain, rotator cuff pain, frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis), sports injuries and symptoms caused by overuse conditions. Chiropractors successfully treat more and more shoulder problems associated with postural and ergonomic dysfunction.
- Chiropractic may alleviate many symptoms of common elbow or wrist conditions e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, overuse / repetitive strain injuries such as tennis elbow (Lateral epicondylitis).
- Postural problems and arthritic symptoms of the spine can be alleviated with gentle adaptive treatment.
- Hip and knee osteoarthritis has shown to be helped with chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic care can be beneficial for many common lower limb problems such as plantar fascitis and sports injuries e.g. patellar tracking disorders.
Have a complaint it’s not on the above list? Why not ask our friendly reception team if chiropractic can help. If they cannot answer your question then they will have an available chiropractor call you back.
Who do we help with Chiropractic treatments?
Many of our clients come to us, having searched for chiropractors in the North London area and most of our clients either live in North West London or work in the area. However, demand for our services has often brought clients from much further afield, particularly because of our convenient opening hours (10 am – 8pm).
Providing High Quality Chiropractic in North London Since 2004
We are friendly Chiropractors in North London, NW3. Ideally situated close to central London, we have parking space and are just a few minutes' walk from Finchley Road tube station and Finchley Road and Frognal overground, linking us to Canary Wharf and the City.
Our chiropractic patients are typically from the North West London area but also travel from far afield due to our good results, appointments that aren't rushed and our attention to our patients.