Privacy Notice for Patients – Adults and Children
This privacy notice tells you why The Hampstead Chiropractic Clinic collects information about you/and or your child and how this information may be used.
In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Who are we?
We are the Hampstead Chiropractic Clinic Limited. Our address is 255 Finchley Road, Virgin Active, O2 Centre, NW3 6LU. You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 (0)20 7433 3323.
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What personal data do we collect?
- When you submit a website enquiry to us, we ask you for your name, your email address, and your phone number.
- If you have a consultation at the clinic the health care professionals providing your care, maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you have received here or previously.
- Records which this clinic holds about you may include the following information:
- Details about you, such as your address, contact details, previous medical history and previous investigations
- Any contact with the clinic has had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, advice given over the phone or email, emergency appointments etc.
- Notes about your and/or your child’s health
- Details about your and/or your child’s treatment and care
- Relevant information from other health care professionals
- Our records are stored electronically and on paper. We use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure your information is kept confidential and secure.
How do we use it?
For a website enquiry we will only use your information to reply to your enquiry.
Once you have attended the clinic information may be used within the clinic for clinical audit purposes to monitor the quality of the services we provide.
All your information is held securely on our premises and may be used for statistical purposes. Where we do this, we take strict measures to ensure that individual patients cannot be identified.
Your information may also be requested for research purposes – in such instances we will always ask your consent before releasing such information.
If you signed up to the newsletter we store your information to send you the newsletter. We also do this so that we can make you aware of any future offers.
What do we do with your information?
Your information is stored in our Practice Management System (PMS) which is hosted by Pioneer Software. We have a contractual agreement with Pioneer Software that commits them to providing an appropriate level of safeguards for your personal data. It is not sent outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may ask for your consent to retain your information in our PMS in order to send you further information that we think may be of interest to you.
We will not use the information to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
How do we maintain the confidentiality of your records?
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with:
- General Data Protection Rules 2018
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Common Law Duty of Confidentiality
- General Chiropractic Council Code of Conduct
- Every member of staff who works at Hampstead Chiropractic Clinic has a legal obligation to keep information about you confidential.
How long do we keep your information for?
Your website enquiry is kept in our email database powered by AFX for one month unless you give us your consent to send you marketing information on an ongoing basis, in which case we will keep it for as long as you continue to consent.
After your initial consultation to the clinic your personal information is kept in our PMS (electronically) and on paper for 8 years.
If you signed up to the newsletter we store your information until you unsubscribe.
Who do we share your information with?
We only ever pass on information about you to others if there is a genuine need for it and you have given your consent. This may be your general practitioner, dentist or other health care professionals, a solicitor or for court proceedings.
We will not disclose any information about you to any third party without your written permission or in case of a child’s information the parental consent, unless there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations), where the law requires information to be passed on and/or in accordance with the Caldicott principles.
Access to your personal information
The General Data Protection Rules 2018 gives you the right to request access to view or obtain copies of what information we hold about you. You can also ask for it to be amended should it be inaccurate or you can ask for it to be erased.
To request this, you need to do the following:
- Your request must be made in writing to the clinic
- We are required to respond to you within 30 days
- You will need to give us proof of name (Photo ID) so that your identity can be verified
- There is no charge for copies of your file
You can also ask us to stop using your information at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any email communication, or by emailing, writing or telephoning us using the contact details above.
Your right to object/complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, please contact the Clinic Director Nina van Dyk in the first instance. If you are still unhappy following a review you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Change of details
It is important that you inform the Hampstead Chiropractic Clinic if any of your details such as your name or address have changed. Also, if you notice that any of your details such as date of birth is incorrect in order for us to correct it.
Notification & Data Controller
Nina van Dyk is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller.
Providing High Quality Chiropractic in North London Since 2004
We are friendly Chiropractors in North London, NW3. Ideally situated close to central London, we have parking space and are just a few minutes' walk from Finchley Road tube station and Finchley Road and Frognal overground, linking us to Canary Wharf and the City.
Our chiropractic patients are typically from the North West London area but also travel from far afield due to our good results, appointments that aren't rushed and our attention to our patients.